Please try the following:
- Click the
or try again later.
- If you typed the page address in the Address
bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
- To check your connection settings, click the
Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the
Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match
those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet
service provider (ISP).
- See if your Internet connection settings are being
detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and
automatically discover network connection settings (if your network
administrator has enabled this setting).
- Click the Tools menu, and then click
- On the Connections tab, click LAN
- Select Automatically detect settings,
and then click OK.
- Some sites require 128-bit connection security.
Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer
to determine what strength security you have installed.
- If you are trying to reach a secure site, make
sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu,
and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the
Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT